PE & Sports
Physical education is an integral part of the school curriculum. It gives pupils the opportunity to develop physically, socially and intellectually.
Each class timetables 2 hours of PE per week. Currently, many lessons are taught by qualified coaches.
Sport England and other national partners are working with the Government to support the Primary PE and Sport Premium fund and have collectively developed the following vision for PE and School Sport:
“All pupils leaving Primary School physically literate and with knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.”
More information can be found at: The Sport England Website
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.