All children have the right to be protected from harm. This right is enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of a Child. The United Kingdom has accepted this right and has developed legislation that allows professionals to intervene if they are concerned about the kind of care a child is receiving.
St Paul's Cray takes its responsibility to safeguard children seriously. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect and require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. St Paul's Cray CE Primary School requires all staff and volunteers to undergo background checks consummate with the role they will perform in school and recruits all staff in accordance with Safer Recruitment Guidelines.
St Paul's Cray has robust safeguarding reporting mechanisms and provides regular training in identifying and reporting abuse. We work closely in partnership and cooperate fully with other agencies including Bromley Local Authority, Children’s Social Care and the Police wherever this is necessary.
The Designated Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs J Zegeling - Assistant Principal
Deputy Safeguarding Lead Mrs E Bennett - Principal
Safeguarding Officer Mrs A Brindle - Family Liaison Officer
Deputy Safeguarding Officer Mrs C Bell - Assistant Principal
Deputy Safeguarding Officer Mrs F Morris - SENCO
Trust Leadership Team (DSL trained)
Mr P Rhodes Chief Executive Officer
Mrs S Young Director of Education
Mrs S Bridges Chief Finance and Operations Officer
Helpline Numbers for Parents
- Emergency Helpline Numbers
- Online confidential support: https://www.kooth.com/
- For under 18 support: https://www.childline.org.uk/
- For Teenager Support: https://www.themix.org.uk/
- SHOUT - text ‘Shout’ to 85258 for 24/7 crisis text support
- Child Line 0800 1111 (free to call from UK landlines and mobiles)
- Samaritans 116 123 (free to call from UK landlines and mobiles 24 hours, 7 days a week)
- Saneline 0300 304 7000 (6pm – 11pm, every day of the year)
- HOPElink UK 0800 068 4141 www.papyrus-uk.org Young suicide prevention society
- Oxleas Urgent Mental Health Advice Line 0800 330 8590