At St Paul's Cray CE Primary School we take a whole school approach to promoting positive mental health and wellbeing, aiming to help children be more resilient, happy and successful and to work in a pro-active way.
At St Paul's Cray CE Primary School, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff to ensure that the school is a community where everyone feels able to thrive. Positive mental wellbeing is essential if children and young people are to flourish and lead fulfilling lives.
At our school, we know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
We aim to support all our staff and students in the following ways:
- Universal Support – To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos, school values and our wider curriculum. For instance, developing resilience for all.
- Additional support – For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as separation or bereavement.
- Targeted support – For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as referral to wider professionals.
- Dealing with anxiety https://tutorful.co.uk/guides/the-expert-guide-to-help-your-child-with-anxiety
- Every Mind Matters https://coronavirusresources.phe.gov.uk/now-more-than-ever-every-mind-matters/
- Young minds parents’ survival guide https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-survival-guide/
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families https://www.annafreud.org/parents/